It’s “mud-luscious” and “puddle-wonderful,” according to E.E. Cummings. It’s the season of tulips, Easter eggs and butterflies. It’s waking up in the morning and hearing birds chirping. It’s going outside without your coat and feeling the air on your skin.
Spring is the season between winter and summer, which occurs in March, April and May in most of the Northern Hemisphere. In most of the Southern Hemisphere, spring happens during September, October and November.
The season of spring is often associated with rebirth and renewal, as is Easter, which occurs between March 22 and April 25. These quotes illustrate the beauty and abundance of spring.
Inspirational Poems and Quotes about Spring
- “April is the cruelest month, breeding lilacs out of the dead land, mixing memory and desire, stirring dull roots with spring rain.” ~ T.S. Eliot
- “Spring has returned. The Earth is like a child that knows poems.” ~Rainer Maria Rilke
- “The earth laughs in flowers.” ~E.E. Cummings
- “Everything is blooming most recklessly; if it were voices instead of colors, there would be an unbelievable shrieking into the heart of the night.” ~Rainer Maria Rilke
- “Every spring is the only spring – a perpetual astonishment.” ~Ellis Peters
- “I stuck my head out the window this morning and spring kissed me bang in the face.” ~Langston Hughes
- “Spring comes: the flowers learn their colored shapes.” ~Maria Konopnicka
- “Sitting quietly, doing nothing, Spring comes, and the grass grows by itself.” ~The Gospel According To Zen
- “In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous.” ~Aristotle
- “Now is the time of the illuminated woods … when every leaf glows like a tiny lamp.” ~J. Burroughs
- “it’s spring when the world is puddle-wonderful” ~E.E. Cummings
- “i thank You God for most this amazing day:for the leaping greenly spirits of trees and a blue true dream of sky;and for everything which is natural which is infinite which is yes” ~E.E. Cummings
- “For behold, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone. The flowers have already appeared in the land; the time has arrived for pruning the vines, and the voice of the turtledove has been heard in our land. The fig tree has ripened its figs, and the vines in blossom have given forth their fragrance. Arise, my darling, my beautiful one, and come along!” ~Song of Solomon 2:11-13
The warmer weather of spring makes it a great time to get outside and play sports, go for a walk or plant a garden. Kids will also enjoy creating scavenger hunts, planning a picnic, flying a kite or taking a trip to the zoo